Friday, March 11, 2011

Get Out of My Face

It’s hard to accept it
But it is a way of life.
You tell me you wanna help.
You say that I need to change.
But tell me what you know
About being locked in a cage?

I cannot bear captivity.
My grip on hope is almost lost.
Having to survive through insanity,
I’ll keep my pride at any cost.

This is my environment.
I’ve adapted to it properly.
And now you come and attempt
To help me live life honestly.
Am I supposed to trust you?
Don’t you know that I’ve been beat?

People in the past like you
Said they’d meet me in the middle of the street,
That they would help me,
All I had to do was meet them halfway.
But they never came,
And I was left to get swept by the rain.

Look at me now; I’m doing time.
Just get out of my face with your lies.

I.P.
CALIFORNIA

http://www.gangsandkids.com/gstory2.html#getoutofmyface


No comments:

Post a Comment